Careers at MGIS
Great Workplaces Don’t Happen by Accident.
We’re on a roll.
For six consecutive years we’ve been honored with the Best Places to Work award by Business Insurance. Previous recognition also includes the Utah Work/Life Award. MGIS is not only one of the fastest growing companies serving the physician group marketplace, we are also one of the best places to work in Utah.
That is no accident.
What is it like to work at MGIS?
We love what we do. Our energetic team environment is best suited for individuals who are motivated, goal-oriented and looking for a company that offers a positive, challenging environment where they can grow personally and professionally.
It’s no accident that we have become one of the leading providers of insurance products to physician groups.
Our secret? We attract and retain superior employees who are committed to the continued success of our business. And we provide a work environment that fosters energy, creativity and a passion for excellence.
Stuck in a professional rut? Not at MGIS. Our employees have the opportunity to learn new skills and advance their careers.
The MGIS Academy offers employee training on:
- Specific product offerings
- Industry trends and data
- General business skills
- Technical training
Case in point: Many employees are currently working toward their CEBS (Certified Employee Benefits Specialist) and RPLU (Registered Professional Liability Underwriter) designations.
In addition, employees can sign up for classes to enhance their computer skills or catch a lunch-and-learn event about handling stress, making healthy smoothies and more.
Work hard, Play hard
Good times at work? Yeah, we have those.
Bring it on. Our employees have a strong work ethic and have established a reputation for providing superior customer service by consistently exceeding expectations.
But don’t let our game faces during working hours fool you.
Dress up in your favorite Halloween costume in October and dress down every Friday. Our summer parties are bust-a-gut fun and our holiday gatherings are incredible. Did we mention the impromptu pizza parties or the volleyball games? And feel free to join your MGIS colleagues for Mexican food every Wednesday at a local restaurant. Hey, it’s an unofficial tradition and everyone is welcome. Even managers.
Some other MGIS cultural highlights:
- Highway to Wealth financial education seminar series for employees and spouses
- Highway to Health incentive-based wellness program
- Weight Watchers at Work program
- Volunteer and charity opportunities
- Painting homes for the elderly with the “Paint Your Heart Out” program
- Contests for tickets to movies and sporting events
- Company celebrations
- Break-time activities like Office Olympics
We make a difference.
Our employees care about our communities. Check out some of the organizations where our volunteers make a positive impact, sharing their time and energy and giving away free smiles.
- Utah Food Bank
- People Helping People
- The Road Home
- Himalayan Project
- Now I Can Foundation
- Paint Your Heart Out
Protect Your Family
We know that our employees work to provide for those they care about.
We give them tools to do just that. Employees are provided with resources to establish a Family Disaster Recovery Plan that includes the following:
- An Alert Notification Service to alert family and friends if they were relocated
- A Private Virtual Safety Deposit Box for safe storage of critical documents
- A Family Preparedness Plan where they can establish what to do, who to call and where to go in case of an emergency, and what to put in an emergency kit
A most-excellent benefits package.
If you’re trying to get a handle on Obamacare, we’ve got great news for you: once you’re on board with MGIS, you will receive rich benefits that don’t require in-depth knowledge of federal statutes.
You’ll enjoy the following:
- Our extremely competitive health coverage
- Company paid and voluntary life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Long-term care coverage
- 100% employer-paid benefits
By taking a self-funded approach to our medical plan, MGIS has the flexibility to offer rich benefits to employees and their families. A unique feature of our health plan is the focus on wellness with our alternative treatment coverage.
Unique Financial Benefits
But wait, there’s more:
- PACE Program: MGIS employees share in company profits through the PACE (Positive Action Creates Earnings) program. This has fostered a sense of ownership with MGIS. Employees have been creative in coming up with more efficient and better ways of working that have saved the company thousands of dollars and resulted in increased PACE payouts for the employees and profits to the company.
- Flexible Spending: Our employees enjoy the convenience of using their Flexible Spending Debit card rather than submitting manual reimbursement requests.
- 401(k): We offer a specialized academic approach to the 401(k) plan that takes the guesswork out of retirement investments. To encourage savings, MGIS contributes a percentage of the employee’s total compensation into the employee’s 401(k) plan.
Employee Assistance Program
Employees have the availability 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to a professional Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
This program offers confidential help and support with:
- Emotional stress
- Grief and anxiety
- Family conflicts
- Job pressures
- Legal questions
This resource will also assist them in making well-informed decision with legal issues:
- Divorce and family law
- Debt obligations
- Tenant issues
- Civil lawsuits
- Contract review
Services go above and beyond a normal EAP.
For example, financial experts can answer tax questions or offer advice about how to save for college, get out of debt and plan for retirement.
Additionally, our services can assist employees with finding a facility to provide daycare for an elderly parent or young children, addressing concerns a new parent may have and even how to talk to their children.
Energized employees are productive and effective. You’re going to needs some time off.
That’s why MGIS employees enjoy a reduced work schedule. In fact, most employees enjoy every other Friday off, in addition to the 10 paid holidays per year. Additionally, employees earn the following amounts of paid vacation:
- During their first four years of service, employees earn up to 12 days of paid vacation.
- During their fifth through ninth years, employees accrue 15 days of vacation per year.
- After their 10-year anniversary, employees enjoy 20 days of paid vacation per year.
When vacation is added to the 26 Fridays off, it makes for very generous and most-excellent schedule. Finally, to encourage good attendance, MGIS will pay out unused sick time (up to 6 days per year) at the end of each year.
Apply today and accelerate your career.
To view our current job listings or refer a candidate, click here.
Ready to join our team?
If you feel like your skill set and mindset and energy level will fit nicely at MGIS, click here to apply online.
And now, the fine print.
MGIS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against or harass any applicant or employee on any grounds prohibited under any federal, state or local law including race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status or membership in any other legally protected class.
None of the questions in our application are intended to elicit information regarding any protected characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or discrimination based upon non-job related information or protected characteristics.