Solutions for Brokers
Broker-focused. Since 1969.
For 45 years, MGIS has enabled brokers to significantly increase sales, retention, and credibility with medical professionals.
We are broker-focused. We’ve built our business around helping brokers achieve success and that hasn’t changed in over four decades.
Let’s work together to build something special.
Grow with a Leader
In 1969 we opened our doors for business and began working exclusively with select brokers, enabling them to significantly increase sales and credibility with medical-professional clients.
Today our broker-focused approach remains the same, as does our commitment to providing the industry’s best products along with the highest closing and retention ratios.
Success with MGIS means confidence that you are providing physician and dentist clients the best income protection options available on the market. With expert sales support, specialty experience, and one of the highest retention rates in the industry, you can be assured that both your clients’ and your own income will be well taken care of.
Offer Your Clients a Full Range of Strong Options:
- Financial strength
- Legendary service
- Track record of serving medical professionals
- Multiple lines of insurance
- Strong industry reputation
BROKER PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM
MGIS is committed to working with key brokers in accelerating your book of business in the physician and dentist disability income protection space.
The Velocity Program provides a framework for us to jointly develop and execute strategic sales plans and marketing programs focused on the unique opportunities and challenges within your particular market area.
The PLATINUM LEVEL designation and support level is reserved for a small number of partners who show the highest levels of commitment and potential in growing this market. Following are the key benefits and elements of the program.
Choice of one of these riders at no additional cost:
- ICD (5 year)
- Progressive Illness
- Extended Earnings (60% / 6 mos.)
- Student Loan Repayment
In the event of BOR, coverage would remain through contract period
Two PLATINUM LEVEL–only benefits:
- Direct access to designated underwriting, implementation and account management team
- Block renewal strategy for non-experience rated block (minimum of 10 non-experience-rated cases)
PLATINUM LEVEL includes these marketing programs and annual co-branding budgets:
- $2,500 annual marketing dollars for targeted growth initiatives
- Marketing program options
- Co-branded existing marketing assets
- 2 customized marketing assets/campaigns with targeted follow up and analytics.
- Include Platinum Partner designation in co-branded materials
- Co-sponsored events
- Platinum Partner plaque
Broker must participate in Annual Strategic Planning Meeting with MGIS senior management, which includes the following key elements:
- Growth, persistence, and profitability against goals and in relationship to rest of MGIS block
- Any key drivers impacting growth, persistence, and profitability
- Strategies to positively impact these metrics
- Business plan, including marketing section where broker commits to specific programs and support levels tied to annual marketing dollar amounts
- Block renewal strategy for non-experience rated block (Minimum of 10 non-experience-rated cases.)
- Annual plan with jointly agreed-upon milestones and deliverables
- 5 Cases
- $800k annualized premium
- $60k annualized premium in prior year
Leverage our Experience
Over the years we’ve helped thousands of brokers significantly increase their sales in the medical-professional marketplace. How? We’ve done it through proven products and the highest closing and retention ratios in the industry. Brokers who work hand in hand with MGIS achieve close ratios that are significantly higher than average.
What about retention rates? Another home run. Our rates exceed 90%, the highest average in the industry.
When it comes to unmatched products and service that deliver the protection physicians expect, MGIS puts you in the driver’s seat. Backed by carriers that offer impeccable financial strength and stability, we provide “A+” rated products designed specifically for physicians. Our pricing is competitive, so clients can enjoy the benefits of these outstanding products at a great price. Plus, you can enjoy these other advantages:
- We’ve built a successful business around a service model that’s all about our nationwide broker network.
- We sell exclusively through brokers (not around them) and we wouldn’t have it any other way.
- We understand the needs and pressures that come with selling and servicing physician insurance products—we can help you drive new business.
- Our service is world-class, according to decades of brokers and customers.
We support brokers before, during and after the sale with joint marketing materials, co-branded selling tools, web resources and more. By backing brokers throughout the sales process, we help make their professional lives just a bit less complicated. Our broker-first commitment and no-hassle business processes free brokers to focus on growing their businesses, instead of doing paperwork. We know, that’s pretty cool.
You’re the expert. We’re the specialists.
If you are a broker selling in the physician market—or if you are looking to expand that direction—then you will appreciate having a trusted partner by your side..
At MGIS, we work exclusively with expert brokers who help their physician clients choose the best insurance solutions. Why?
- They understand physician-specific insurance needs.
- They understand the unique features of specialized, built-for-physician insurance policies.
As an MGIS broker, you don’t have to be a Group LTD specialist because that’s what we do. We can provide you with expert policy and cost analysis, and we’ll help you present our products to your clients and prospects. So you can expand your expertise by focusing on new sales and building relationships.
A Better Partnership
With years of successful experience working with dynamic brokerage firms and benefit advisors across the country, we recognize the value of strong relationships between companies like MGIS and key producers. As a valued benefit advisor, you can count on the competitiveness of our superior products designed specifically for physicians and their practices.
Many brokers use the MGIS Group LTD product to open the door—or break it down—to medical practice clients. Once you have an established client, you can offer other solutions from your firm’s suite of products.
Let us help you educate your physician clients and prospects about Group LTD. From there, you can do what you do best.
Whether you have a question about your commission payment or need targeted marketing assistance, our team is here to help.
You can reach us at 800.969.6447 ext. 265 or email@example.com.
Partnerships That Make a Difference
If you can appreciate the importance of having a business partner and teammate who offers premier products, values your front-lines role in the sales process, and demonstrates serious staying power in an up-and-down healthcare market, then teaming up with MGIS makes perfect business sense. Here’s why:
- Our programs are designed to ensure that your physician clients get the needed income replacement and claim management support they need.
- Our specialized team is knowledgeable, experienced, and most of all, committed to protecting your clients and everything they’ve earned.
- We believe each customer is unique and deserves our individual attention. You can expect frequent communication as our highly specialized staff works to provide the needed support for your clients through times of loss.
BACKED BY THE BEST
Speaking of the power of teamwork. MGIS products are backed by industry-leading carriers who deliver impeccable financial strength and stability. With our carriers, you get what you expect: A+ strength, a premier insurance policy and expert service and claims teams.
As an MGIS broker, you can be confident that your clients are covered by specialty claims practices and the best insurance protection in the industry. Because we focus on what we do best, physicians and other medical professionals can focus on what they do best with the confidence in their coverage.
We’re in it for the long haul
We’ve spent 45 years understanding and supporting brokers’ needs, providing tools and support, web resources, industry exposure, updated systems and more.
We have the proven track record brokers can trust. With A+ rated partners and years of success, you can count on us to be here for you and your clients when it matters most. Carriers and competitors have come and gone in this market space, but MGIS has remained strong.
Today we continue to design and administer specialized group disability and medical-professional liability programs for physicians and other medical professionals.
Data: Physician Group LTD Specialists Close 2/3 of Cases Worked.
Curious how physician group LTD specialist are changing the conversation and achieving these incredible results?
A recent analysis of producer data revealed a rather shocking statistic: physician group LTD sales specialists close 8 times more cases on average than their generalist colleagues.
Key findings about these specialists:1
- They close over 2/3 of cases they work; compared to 1/10 closed by generalists
- They achieve a 25-30% price premium over commercial LTD alternatives
- A recent analysis of producer data revealed a rather shocking statistic: physician group LTD sales specialists close 8 times more cases on average than their generalist colleagues. Read more to find out how…
Subscribe to part one of our Podcast Series and learn how you too can engage in High Percentage Selling.
1 MGIS internal sales data
Are you close for a trip for two to the 2015 Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah? Check out the leaderboard.
We are inviting our top four brokers and their guests to join us in Park City for the Sundance Film Festival in January 2015. Land among the top four and you and your guest will enjoy an unbelievable vacation that includes:
- 4 days and 3 nights at the Canyons Resort
- Airfare for 2
- Sundance Film Festival movie tickets
- World-class skiing
- Movie star sightings and more
If you have questions about the standings, contact Mark Harris, AVP of Broker Marketing Programs, directly at 800-969-6447, extension 284, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Great event! Everyone was so nice and helpful.
Fun, laid-back, comfortable environment, low pressure.
Great opportunity to meet great folks!
Excellent trip hosted by a great team
A relaxing, well-planned event.
It was a phenomenal time filled with skiing, movies, good food, and great people!
MGIS is the best! Great hosts!
An experience I will remember forever. Thanks.
Content coming soon
Content coming soon