First-Class Malpractice Insurance, Global Financial Strength
Our approach is simple: Provide the best malpractice insurance to the best physicians at the best price. It’s what physicians expect, and what they get with MGIS/Nationwide.*Simplicity. Strength. MGIS.
*Coverage provided by Nationwide Insurance Company® with an A.M. Best rating A+ (Superior), FSC XV.
The best coverage for the best physicians at the best prices.
Our coverage includes:
- A+ rated financial strength
- Claims-made or modified claims-made (select states) forms
- Key features: full consent-to-settle, prior-acts and separate defense cost coverages
- All practice sizes and medical specialties are eligible
- Coverage limits of $1 million per claim / $3 million aggregate*
- Coverage for cyber liability up to $50,000 limits in most states. Coverage up to $100,000 limits in UT and PA.
- Premier local malpractice defense attorneys
* or as required by state statute or applicable state fund
A+ Financial Strength
We partner with Nationwide Insurance® Company with an A.M. Best Rating of A+ (Superior), FSC XV. Your financial risk is backed by one of the largest and strongest insurance companies in the world. Why gamble with small, thinly capitalized carriers when you can have A+ financial strength at highly competitive prices?
Key Coverage Features
Key features of our comprehensive coverage include:
- Claims-made incident-sensitive form
- No claim settled without insured’s consent
- Full prior acts coverage available to eligible risks
- Supplemental trial expense coverage (outside the limits of liability) of $500 per half day, up to $10,000 per claim included
- Separate entity limit of liability available for groups of two or more physicians
- Additional discounts available for risk-management, deductibles, group size, and practice characteristics
- Unlimited extended reporting coverage without charge in the event of death, disability, or retirement after five continuous years of Nationwide Specialty coverage
- 1-in-3 free retirement tail for groups
- Unique premium waiver for partial disability
Rich Added Features
Our policy includes a rich set of added features demanded by the best physicians:
- Coverage to reimburse for regulatory procedures and billing errors
- Worldwide coverage for claims brought in the U.S.
- Locum tenens coverage at no charge (with underwriting approval)
- Coverage for peer review and professional committee activities
- Coverage for Good Samaritan activities
- Discounts for new and part-time physicians, loss-free history and approved risk-management activities
- Deductible options
- No-interest payment plan options
- Accelerated tail options endorsement for groups
- 90-day automatic coverage for newly-acquired practices
Nowhere is your malpractice policy more important than in the courtroom. Our defense panel includes the country’s premier local defense attorneys with proven medical-professional liability expertise and a track record of success inside and outside the courtroom. During this stressful time, you can also rest easy knowing your legal defense costs are covered in addition to stated policy limits (see policy for specific coverage amounts and limits).
Responsiveness. Expertise. Strength.
Successfully defending your reputation and assets in the event of a lawsuit in many ways depends on professional and efficient claim management. Using assertive claim-management practices, our highly experienced claim team works proactively to complete a thorough investigation and provide an aggressive defense.
Professional Claim Team
Handling claims in the specialized medical-professional liability arena requires a high level of experience and technical competency. Our claim professionals are:
- Highly experienced experts
- Trained and licensed in numerous jurisdictions
- Experienced in investigation, resolution and management of professional liability claims and complex litigation
24/7 CLAIM REPORTING
Quick, Simple Claim Submittal
Notice of Claims and all other Notices to:
NATIONWIDE INSURANCE COMPANY