Information We Collect
We have access to the following categories of information regarding you and your visits to our website.
- Information That You Voluntarily Provide
Site Registration and Online Services. You may visit this website and review information about the services we offer without revealing your identity or providing any personal information. If you register to use the website’s features and services, such as electronic subscriptions and account access, we will collect “personal information” from you. Personal information includes information such as name, telephone number, and email address.
Correspondence with MGIS. You may use this website to ask questions or otherwise contact MGIS. If you communicate with or request information from MGIS personnel, they will have your email address as well as whatever personal facts, if any, you choose to include in your email.
- Information That Is Routinely Collected By Our Site Technology:
IP Address. We record the Internet Protocol (“IP “) address of your computer when you visit the website. Without more, the IP address does not identify you personally, but it is what allows MGIS to maintain communications with your computer as you move about the website.Cookies and Other Technologies. We also collect information about your use of the website through technology such as cookies and web beacons. A “web beacon” is a piece of code on the website that enables us to monitor things like user activity and site traffic. A “cookie” is a unique numeric code that we transfer to your computer so that we can keep track of your interests and preferences and recognize you as a return visitor to the website. Cookie technology allows us to collect “clickstream” data, which is not personal information, but which reflects your activities on the website. A cookie does not collect or keep your name or other personal identifying information, but when you revisit the website, the cookie allows us to bring you the content and features likely to be of greatest interest to you based on your previous activities on the website.
Third-Party Advertising. We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on other websites. These companies may use information (not including your name, address email, or telephone number) obtained from cookies and web beacons about your visits to this website and other websites in order to measure advertising effectiveness and to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information about your use of the services and activities on our website to monitor user traffic patterns and try to analyze what our users prefer so that we can design better services. The personal information that you provide may be used to create customized offers, information, and services tailored to your interests and preferences.
- Personal Information. You do not have to register to use most of the information and services available for on our website. If you choose to register, we may use the personal information you give us to send you an email confirming your registration with our site and to respond to questions from you. Upon your request, we may also, from time to time, send you email with special promotions or newsletters with information that we think may be of interest to you.
- IP Address. In addition to using the IP address of your computer to maintain communications with your computer as you move about our website, we also may use your IP address to personalize content provided on the website. We retain IP addresses, and we retain them together with personal information.
- Digital Analytics. Our Web server will install a cookie on your machine in order to aid the accuracy of a statistical program. While a profile can be built up of a user’s surfing habits through the use of this cookie, the cookie itself contains no personal information. We use these profiles to establish common surfing patterns of our users, such as which links have been clicked or documents accessed, which helps us to maintain and enhance the service we provide. This cookie will remain on your computer indefinitely, even after you leave our website.
- Law Enforcement. In certain limited circumstances, MGIS may be called upon to release your personal information in response to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, law, or regulation. We plan to cooperate in responding to such requests, taking appropriate measures to ensure that the requester understands the sensitive nature of the personal information that they may receive. We also reserve the right to cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating and prosecuting users who violate our rules or engage in behavior that is illegal or harmful to others or their property.
Our Relationship to Third Parties
We may use third parties to provide services and information on our site and we may provide some co-branded services in partnership with others. We also may use third parties to analyze data collected on our website. We will not disclose your personal information to anyone other than MGIS employees and those third parties with whom we have a business relationship. If we allow a third party contractor to have access to your personal information, we will not authorize them to take it or use it for any purpose that is not consistent with this Policy.
We pledge that we will not sell or disclose any personal information you provide on our website to an unrelated third party without your express permission, except as explained in this Policy.
- Vendors and Suppliers. We have relationships with different vendors and suppliers who help us design and maintain our systems and our computer security, respond to email and customer inquiries, analyze our data and create special service offerings. We will not authorize our vendors and suppliers to use your personal information for any purpose not related to MGIS’s business operation.
- Co-branded Sites. We may partner with other companies to provide you with content or services on a joint or “co-branded” basis. At a co-branded site you will see both the MGIS logo and the logo of the co-branded partner displayed on your screen. To access the services available on a co-branded site you may have to complete a new on-line registration form, and this registration information may be shared with MGIS’s co-branded partners. You should read the individual privacy policies of our co-branded partners, as these may differ in some respects from ours. Reading these policies will help you to make an informed decision about whether to provide your information to a given site. Remember, you can always opt-out of sharing your information with a partner site by choosing not to use the service or content provided by the co-branded site.
Other Important Information About Our Relationship With Third Parties
- Social Media Plugins. This website uses social media plugins (e.g., the Facebook “Like” button, ‘”Share to Twitter”‘ button) to enable you to easily share information with others. When you visit our website, the operator of the social plugin can place a cookie on your computer, enabling that operator to recognize individuals who have previously visited our site. If you are logged into the social media website (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Google+) while browsing on our website, the social plugins allow that social media website to receive information that you have visited our website. The social plugins also allow the social media website to share information about your activities on our website with other users of their social media website. For example, Facebook Social Plugins allows Facebook to show your Likes and comments on our pages to your Facebook friends. Facebook Social Plugins also allows you to see your friends’ Facebook activity on our website. MGIS does not control any of the content from the social media plugins. For more information about social plugins from other social media websites you should refer to those sites’ privacy and data sharing statements.
- Advertisers. We do not permit advertisers to display their advertisements on our website.
Policy Regarding Children
MGIS’s website content and services are intended for users over the age of 18. Our website is not directed to children. If we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information on our site, we will delete such information from our active databases in accordance with our deletion policy, which is described in the section below.
Your Privacy Choices
When you access any interactive tool or service on the website, you may be asked to provide the requested information. You may always choose not to provide the requested information.
- Receive Email. When you register on our website, you will be given the option of requesting to receive email with information we think you might find useful, including promotions, announcements of new services and products, and newsletters on particular business and/or health topics. If you decide, at any later time, that you no longer wish to receive these emails you may unsubscribe from our email list by emailing MGIS at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Accept Cookies. Your browser software can be set to reject all cookies, but if you reject our cookies, certain of the functions and conveniences of our site may not work properly. Cookies and similar technologies are how we ensure that we can promptly retrieve and deliver the information to you when you use our site.
- Correct/Update Personal Information. You may correct or update the personal information you previously provided to the website at any time, by emailing MGIS at email@example.com.
- Remove Personal Information. You may request removal of previously provided personal information at any time, by emailing MGIS at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please read about our Deletion Practices below.
- Deletion Practices. The information that you provide MGIS is stored in servers that are operated and maintained by MGIS and third parties under contract with MGIS. Website users should be aware that it is not technologically possible to remove from our servers each and every record of the information you have provided to MGIS. The need to back-up our systems to protect information from inadvertent loss means that a copy of information about you or your health-related interests may exist in a non-erasable form that will be difficult or impossible for us to locate. Nevertheless, we promise that upon receiving your request, MGIS will delete all personal information stored in the databases MGIS actively uses for research and daily business activities, or stored in other readily searchable media. In addition, we will use commercially reasonable efforts not to disclose any personal information stored in a non-erasable format after receiving your request for removal, except as required by law.
Our Security Measures
MGIS wants your personal information to remain as secure as reasonably possible. MGIS uses encryption practices to help insure the integrity and privacy of some of the personal information you provide to MGIS. All personal information is kept physically behind firewalls that prevent intruders from gaining access. As an added security precaution, MGIS deploys various methods of protection such as host intrusion prevention and detection systems to maintain the integrity and confidentiality of data. Although we will make reasonable efforts to protect personal information from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties, you should be aware that there is always some risk that an unauthorized third party could intercept an internet transmission, or that someone will find a way to thwart our security systems.
MGIS will only use personal information in the manner described in this Policy in effect when the information was collected from you. However, MGIS reserves the right to change the terms of this Policy at any time by posting revisions on this website. If MGIS makes any material changes to this Policy, we will either notify you or place a prominent notice on this website. If at any point, MGIS decides to use personal information in a manner different from that stated at the time it was collected, you will be given a choice to allow or disallow any additional uses or disclosures of your personal information.
California Privacy Rights
If you are resident of California, and are an individual consumer of MGIS products or services, you may request certain information regarding MGIS’s disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to:
The MGIS Companies
Attention: Vice President of Marketing
P.O. Box 16110
Salt Lake City, UT 84116-0110
Be sure to include your name, address, and email address if you want to receive a response by email. Otherwise, we will respond by postal mail within the time required by law.
©2014 The MGIS Companies, Inc. All Rights Reserved.